| Chasid at Belz Synagogue |
We studied Judaism this week. Our first stop was a Reform Rabbi in Jerusalem who talked about how he doesn't have the right, as a reform Rabbi to make a kosher marriage. On the other hand, we also talked to a Chasid who gave us a tour of the Belz Synagogue while he told us about Chasidic Judaism. A lot of the kids were asking questions and couldn't even conceive of the answers they were given. For example, one kid asked how many children the largest family has, the answer is 18. Yes, eighteen, ow.
Volunteering at Ir David has been wonderful. On Sunday, I was digging and helped discover an ancient pit used for trash and other various objects. I also found a glass vase-like thing.
| Part of the pit I am digging. |
| Glass |
| The Dig! |
On Monday, only two of us showed up because everyone else was either sick or skipped that day. Becca, the other girl with my that day who is also from the Greater Boston area, were given the honorable title of 'favorites' by our boss, the woman who deals with all the volunteers at the dig. She showed us how they measure each level, very confusing, yet interesting.
Thursday was also a great day. I was given boring work of cleaning up the walls and getting dirt out between the stones. Then switched to another wall. My last assignment was to clean up the extra dirt from one area and bucket it for some pesach cleaning. GUESS WHAT I FOUND??? A COIN! So exciting! It was a great discovery for Tamar Gaffin-Cahn!
| Ancient Coin! |
Passover break started Thursday. Stay tuned for my passover adventures!
No comments:
Post a Comment