This past month was an exciting one; went to a professional soccer game, went to a Moshav, went to a memorial service of a famous politician, participated in a Breast Cancer Walk, and went to an Idan Raichel Concert and those are just the big events. I also finally started volunteering which is also extremely exciting.
Throughout this excitement, the fact that we only have one month left in Bat Yam is in the back of our minds. In December, I won't be with my wonderful roommates including Noy who is staying back in Bat Yam for the next group of Year Coursers to come. Also, in Arad, everyone is split up because there are three main options, Marva (Army experience), Kibbutz and volunteering, living in Arad. I want to volunteer on Massada which means I would be living in apartments in Arad.
This month also brought a money drought for me because of Turkey. I've learned how hard it is to experience a lot of things if I don't have money. I had to pass on going out to dinner, going out at night and going shopping when some of my friends wanted to, but I think it was worth it. November will hopefully bring things I have yet to do, like go to Cinema City which my friends tell me is awesome.
Thats all for now,
Tamar
Young Judaea Year Course:
Year Course is a gap year program in Israel for teens who just graduated high school before entering college. Our nine months are divided into three sections. I start off the Year in Bat Yam, just south of Tel Aviv, where we volunteer in the community. In the winter, we head down to the Negev (Israel's desert) hopefully to do outdoor work. Finally, we end the year in Jerusalem studying and also volunteering. Throughout the year, we study hebrew and live in apartments with fellow Year Course participants.
I am participating in the Social Action track of Year Course, traveling to Rwanda for the entire month of February. We are living at a youth village (made by Year Course alumni) working with orphaned children.
No comments:
Post a Comment